Monday 4 July 2011

Airport Security and Other Annoyances

I am writing this post from Switzerland, where I arrived yesterday for a brief business visit. When I picked my luggage at the airport I immediatly noticed something was missing. I had a bright blue handle wrap on my bag, which helps me identify it among all the other black bags and also makes it more comfortable to hold. Well, that was missing.


This handle wrap is a really cheap thing to buy, and this one was actually a promotional gift, so it cost me nothing, but the fact that it was stolen really had the ability to up set me! What kind of people handle our luggage at airports? An external pocket zip was also opened, but that was empty, so nothing taken there. You are made to go through security, X-Ray machines, searched, your carry on bag opened, and who is checking on the guys handling the luggage?

Another annoying thing is that every time I travel to the USA and go through security, and I mean every single time, I am "randomly" selected to be searched! I will be traveling with colleagues and they, blond and fair, are not searched, but I get the "random" treatment every single time. I must have one of those faces!

Do you feel annoyed at airports? Do you feel no one is watching the "watchers"? Should people working with luggage be unable to carry personal items to the workplace (and therefore unable to take items from the workplace)?

P.S.: If you are either in London or Geneve and see a guy with a bright blue handle wrap, with the words FamilySearch, Where Generations Meet, grab him! It's probably my handle wrap!!!

1 comment:

  1. En ce qui concerne les bagages, il est vrai que ce phénomène de disparition se produit aussi dans d'autres aéroports, même avec des "marques" spéciales. C'est très désagréable pour chaque voyageur. On pourrait écrire aux services concernés pour leur signifier qu'une meilleure prestation des employés en charge des bagages serait souhaitable, plus de rigueur de la part des employés et une surveillance plus soutenues dans les contrôles des bagages...non ?

    ReplyDelete