Wednesday 22 June 2011

Social Media Courses

I am currently writing this post on a train to London, where I will participate in a series of courses on Social Media. While I was researching about what courses were available and which ones were the best I found myself completely lost. Some would say Social Media studies are so new that no courses were actually good at all, while others said that any course would be somewhat valuable.


Accreditation was another requirements I had put forward. Mind you, I am not talking about a University degree, but about training on this matter. So, what organizations would be the best in providing accreditation? I finally found some that were accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing in the United Kingdom, and evaluating the courses programmes I felt these were the ones providing the most value.

Besides Social Media strategy and implementation I will also be learning about blogging, so lets see if you will be able to see an improvement in my blogging over the next few weeks. I also expect to better understand how to take my blog to the masses, as I currently only advertise it to friends and acquaintances, even though I get quite a few visitors through Google searches.

My question to you, this time, is as follows. Do you think Social Media training courses are a valuable addition to ones curriculum and, if so, should this training be administered only by successful bloggers, web strategists, or is a good trainer, theorist enough?

I would love to read your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment